- Female Sterilization.
- Opportunistic salpingectomy at the time of hysterectomy for benign disease as a means to reduce the epithelial ovarian cancer risk.
- Nearby organ, vessel or nerve injury.
- Damage to the ovarian reserve, if anatomy is not respected.
- If performed as a stand-alone operation for sterilization, early discharge.
- Kyo, S, Ishikawa, N, Nakamura, K, Nakayama, K. The fallopian tube as origin of ovarian cancer: Change of diagnostic and preventive strategies. Cancer Med. 2020; 9: 421– 431. https://doi.org/10.1002/cam4.2725